Jiggs is a hybrid type of Bermuda developed at Texas A & M University. It is a leafier grass, easy to grow and a more nutritious hay for horses than common Coastal hay. Jiggs Bermuda will develop more crude protein and more digestible nutrients than common Bermuda.
- It will also have more calcium and phosphorus.
- Finger Farms tests it's soil and grass after each cutting and then fertilizes to recommended levels.
- We produced hay this year with crude protein amounts from 11.72% to 17.73%*.
- The normal range of crude protein in Coastal Bermuda hay is only 6 to 11%. You can easily see that when you feed your horses Jiggs Bermuda hay from Finger Farms, you are giving your horses the nutrition they need for a long healthy life.
- In the long run, because our hay has more crude protein and digestible nutrients, you will be able to cut back on the food bill for your horses.
* See Protein and Nutrients page for further information